I have kept journals for 9 years and so its surprising that I should only discover blogging as a new format of journal writing. It's about time I embrace it and see if its as fun.




Saturday, 6 April 2013

A Handy Challenge

Hmmm, so baby is still not here and I'm a day overdue, yawn, she'll get here eventually! In the meantime I am still itching to do artwork. I told myself I'd stop agreeing to anymore ATC trades but what did I do - yup I agreed to a swap. Except these are different slightly. I am sending 3 of my cards out to a host in America - once the deadline has been and gone that host will take all the cards that everyone has submitted, mix them up a bit and send them back out so that I get 3 cards from 3 different artists. It's fun and you never know what you'll get.

"Interpretation of the Hand" ATC Swap - Watercolour

The theme was "Interpretations of the Hand". I wasn't too sure how to colour these, normally I'd have 3 elements on the card to colour orange, blue and green. This time however I only had 2, the hand and the background. So with my fiancé's input we settled on a black and white hand and colourful wash of complimentary colours. It came out far far better than imagined!

The extra card is for the host by the way :)

Check back in a couple of weeks to see what hand cards I get, can't wait!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
UA-39710798-1