I have kept journals for 9 years and so its surprising that I should only discover blogging as a new format of journal writing. It's about time I embrace it and see if its as fun.




Saturday 6 April 2013

Illustration Friday - Urban

So this week's Illustration Friday's topic is Urban - hmmm, now something I've done a lot lately is painting buildings and I've been painting African animals. Could I combine the two? Why not - I'm the artist! I'm in the process of painting a set of these but thought I'd base one of them around this theme.

So here is a curious giraffe feeling somewhat out of place in this heavily built up area. He has been meandering around wondering where the lush trees are? Maybe he can reach a potted plant or two!


Urban Giraffe ATC - Watercolour
Head on over to Illustration Friday to see an enormous amount of amazing Urban themed work!

5 comments:

  1. Way to go Katie, it does work, brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda, I have more ideas of where to take these adventurous giraffes!

      Delete
  2. I love the contrast of both color and subject. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Elizabeth :) I'm getting quite fond of giraffes now!

      Delete
  3. Nicely done! The combination of city shapes and giraffe pattern looks really cool!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
UA-39710798-1