I have kept journals for 9 years and so its surprising that I should only discover blogging as a new format of journal writing. It's about time I embrace it and see if its as fun.




Friday 17 May 2013

Giraffe on a Penny Farthing

The theme at the Artist's Playroom is Birthday. Well it turns out I had a project set aside for this very theme already. Over at the ATC trading website I have discovered a new love for Altered Envie's and have joined the May Envie Addicts. In this group you get partnered up with somebody and you have a whole month to create a really cool envelope and send it out with nothing inside (or at least not usually). They also have a list of people who's birthday falls in that month and they are eligible (as it were) for a birthday envie which is something people do out of kindness and expect nothing in return. So here is my surprise birthday envie for somebody. I don't know how the giraffe is related but I think a giraffe on a penny farthing wishing you a happy birthday is quite unique really!
 
 
Altered Envie - Giraffe on a Penny Farthing


My birthday is in November and am very much looking forward!
 
Head on over to the Artist's Playroom to see how other people have interpreted the theme.

5 comments:

  1. Your giraffe riding the Penny Farthing is certainly unique Katie ;D
    I love the look of determination on his face...he's obviously in a hurry to get to the Birthday celebrations!
    Have a great weekend :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that determination was what sold the idea to me, I had toyed with the idea of the giraffe holding a balloon in it's mouth but thought it would be too much! Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. A great, amusing way to interpret the theme. The idea of a giraffe riding a penny farthing makes me laugh. As Neesie said, he looks so determined, with his head bending low ..... And then I start imagining what he must look like when his neck is stretched upwards! Thanks for the laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great envie. Love it! By the way, my birthday is in August) LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! He reminds me of 'The little engine that could' - "I think I can, I think I can, I know I can!"
    Another APR fan of giraffes is Currie Silver http://becurrie.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/artists-play-room-57-birthday-giraffes.html She always makes them come alive in colour and are so much fun too :0)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
UA-39710798-1